Monday, September 1, 2014

Rex's post from Day 2 (August 31)

Day 2, Sunday August 31, 2014
Lamar, Colorado to Chadron, Nebraska
397 Miles, 976 Miles So Far

Sunday morning we left the Motel at 8:30 with our Fearless Leader David at the front of the pack.

There isn’t really anything to write about with Sundays ride, it was pretty uneventful. We’ll there was one thing when we got into Nebraska the wind was blowing like I had never seen it before. It was hitting us from left to right and I must say it was really hard keeping the bike on the road. It reminded me about the time JR, Bob Timme and myself road to the Hill Country several years ago during three tornadoes. We really didn’t realize what was going on until we stopped at a Denny’s and they would not let us in because part of the roof had blown off. The wind Sunday was so hard that Lance got so uptight that he ran with his emergency flashers on for the rest of the day, well maybe not rest of day but it was a long time.

We stopped to fuel up about 57 miles from Chadron and I decided I would go ahead of the group and scout the rest of the route. When I looked back Howard, Ron, and Frank were right behind me. BTW, even though we were riding at the suggested posted speed limit Howards Radar Detector can pick up an officer of the law five miles away (just sayin). As we got into Chadron what looked like snow on the side of the road turned out to be sleet and lot of it! We arrived at the Bunkhouse Motel about 4pm after a brief rain shower.

We decided to have a hamburger and some chose pizza at a hamburger place, who would have ever believed that a pizza at hamburger place would be a lot better than the hamburgers. Next time I’m getting the PIZZA!!!!!

After getting back to our rooms and doing what we do best which is making fun of each other and laughing so hard that you think you’re going to bust a gut. I don’t how many of you have heard David Adams laugh but he laughs so hard that is makes you laugh with him it’s just crazy, you just gotta love it.

What can I say, but just another great day of riding.

P.S. Linda, Linda listen I forgot to say in my Day 1 report that Ronnie didn’t eat anything really fattening and he did not eat much whatsoever, seriously.

I hope you all had a great Labor Day!!!!!

Rex

No comments:

Post a Comment